Pittsburgh to Host Ten GL Cast Members
and Fans In Special Event
So Long, Springfield” is a daylong farewell to the beloved and longest running television show of all time, The Guiding Light. While adoring fans are tearful that the longest running show in history has been cancelled, the “LIGHT” is not completely extinguished. Due to air it’s final episode in mid-September, the show won’t go dark without appropriate fanfare—very much due this beloved soap opera and it’s cherished characters.
So Long, Springfield” is a once in a lifetime event, featuring ten of The Guiding Light’s most popular stars. Fans will enjoy memorable, up-close-and-personal time with the stars, and have a last opportunity to say goodbye and send good wishes to the real people that portray the characters they’ve come to know and love.
Why Pittsburgh? Because this Pennsylvania city and its suburbs boast possibly the most loyal fan base in the United States…even the actorsknow it! In fact, each of the actors participating felt that Pittsburgh should be the market for this memorable fan event.
* KIM ZIMMER (Reva Shayne)
* ROBERT NEWMAN (Josh Lewis)
* DANIEL COSGROVE (Bill Lewis)
* FRANK DICOPOULOS (Frank Cooper)
* GINA TOGNONI (Dinah Marler)
* JEFF BRANSON (Shayne Lewis)
* GRANT ALEKSANDER (Phillip Spaulding)
* RON RAINES (Alan Spaulding)
* BRADLEY COLE (Jeffrey O’Neill)
* JORDAN CLARKE (Billy Lewis)
WHEN: Saturday, October 24th
* 1:00 – 5:00 PM Participants will attend an insightful and moving question & answer session, learn behind the scenes secrets from a Guiding Light director and meet, greet and pose for photos with the stars. Several lucky fans will have the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to act out actual scenes from real Guiding Light scripts with the stars themselves!
* 4:00 – 8:00 PM Vendor tables open
* 7:00 – 10:00 PM The evening festivities are designed to be a special, musical farewell, where several of the actors will perform vocal numbers, and share memories from their years on The Guiding Light with their loyal fans. A light strolling dinner will begin the evening.
WHERE: Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport
COST: Daytime Only or Evening Only $75.00 or Stay for the Day $140.00
HOW to REGISTER: Click REGISTER NOW and follow prompts for secure purchase by major credit card. You may also call 1-866-364-0330. Tickets will not be issued—please bring picture ID and computer confirmation to receive wristband for admittance on the day of the event.
A portion of the proceeds from “So Long, Springfield” will be donated to The Young Women’s Breast Cancer Awareness Foundation.
Keeping up with the Guiding Light Alumni
This blog will now aim to keep you up-to-date on what is going on with the former GL cast members as they explore new horizons. Many of the stars you loved are involved in new projects, some in the genre, some on stage, while others have ventured on to something completely different! This blog is written and maintained by Tracey and Mike. If you have information you wish to submit for publication please contact one of us and we will consider your request!