The Recipe for "Bauer Burgers"
By Michael O'Leary (ex Rick Bauer)
Guiding Light fans still talk about how they miss the annual Bauer BBQ each year. The Bauer BBQ always brought the fictional town of Springfield together to celebrate this great nation's independence. While we can't bring back GL I thought perhaps some of you might want to celebrate this 4th of July by downing a few "Bauer Burgers" and a Michelob, or whatever your beverage of choice may be!
1. Get 2 lbs of ground sirloin, then mix in some garlic, pepper, salt and 3 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce.
2. Make an even number of thin hamburger patties. (Be sure to make them very thin.)
3. Chop up some onion and put it on top of the first patty. Then put a slice of American or mozzarella cheese on top. Grill some mushrooms and put them on top of the cheese. Cover the whole thing with another patty.
4. Using a fork press down the edges of the patties so they are sealed
5. Barbecue the double patties over a low flame until done. It takes more time to cook due to the thickness of the patties.