Keeping up with the Guiding Light Alumni

This blog will now aim to keep you up-to-date on what is going on with the former GL cast members as they explore new horizons. Many of the stars you loved are involved in new projects, some in the genre, some on stage, while others have ventured on to something completely different! This blog is written and maintained by Tracey and Mike. If you have information you wish to submit for publication please contact one of us and we will consider your request!

Friday, September 24, 2010

Tina Sloan's Changing Shoes

If you have not yet purchased your copy of Tina Sloan's (ex-Lillian) Changing Shoes you should! I am the first to admit that I am a hard sell when it comes to sitting down and reading a book. I am a librarian by profession but research has always been more of my thing. Now don't get me wrong, I will read for pleasure, but it has to be something that really catches my attention or I will never get to the end.


Changing Shoes however did catch my attention and I did read it from cover to cover in a few days. It made me laugh. It made me cry. It made me thankful to have had to opportunity to spend time with Tina Sloan on several occasions during the past five years of my involvement with the actors.

You need not be a fan of Guiding Light to enjoy this book. My mom who had not watched GL for years panned on watching again once she retired is getting a copy as a retirement gift. Unfortunately GL is no longer around for her to watch, but I think Tina's view of life is something any one of us can enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment